Analytics


Tuesday 28 August 2012

Kathy Reichs is true to form with this forensic thriller. It is very gruesome and sad but having said that some of the issues within this book I think would make it a very good reading group read.
It is very difficult to review this book without giving spoilers. What I can say is what begins as an investigation into the deaths of a number of newborn babies then morphs into something else entirely.
I found her travels to the far north of Canda fascinating, quite a different perspective to that we may have here in the UK.
I also was pemused once more by some Canadianisms of Americanisms and had to resort to the internet! Occassionally she does things that I feel are pushing the bounds of possibility. If she respects the police why not use them rather than going gung ho and putting her own life constantly in danger but then that's just me.
However, I could not put it down and finished it over a weekend. For a fast paced thriller I thoroughtly recommend it

No comments: